Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tues July 26

another day of not much.... if there is something I should be doing to make things better, I am not sure what it is now. i feel that i need to align myself with different people, different musicians, etc. i am stalling in life it seems.

on the bright side, it is a nice sunny day, and I am wondering if i need to get out and take a walk around town. today is one of those sleepy, tired days that I just cant seem to get up in. we will see what i will do. ive got time.

it seems like i have lost a lot of desire to progress. i dont really know what to do about it. what a quandry...ha!

went and saw Thomas Mapfumo this weekend, got there almost an hour late, and saw about a half hour of half assed tired, uninspired music. it was good, but not inspired. i am only going to go check stuff out like that if it is going to be a really happening show, with two sets instead of one, that i can afford. it really was a bummer. oh well.

we had some fun playing in central park on sunday. we made about 19 dollars each, which isnt too bad considering that we were in a fairly bad spot to play in. (No one could see us, really), but people hung out and watched us for a while. after that we all went down to dimsum a gogo and had a real blowout. i wonder if jeremy felt the same way i did about it. we are not salaried employees! it was fun and probably worth the 30 dollars each.

maybe i should go down and check out the mark morganelli bebop motherfucking all stars and watch the same fucking standards over and over again. maybe not.

maybe i need to get myself a steel string guitar and write some more songs. listen to more songs. something like that. too bad i sold my old fender in boston. i think the neck was warped to hell anyway.

like every other time i get bored and uninspired and lazy, I start getting infatuated with buying new equipment. you know, a bass guitar when i never play bass guitar, a new electric upright, that kind of shit. a complete waste of time and ultimately a really bad idea. maybe i should just sell a bunch of equipment instead. especially my marcus miller. what a p.o.s. looks good, sounds bad. I think it just doesnt have a good low end, and I dont really like the feel of the neck.

Time to quit my bitching.