#4
After reading most of Phil's book, i realized that i had really started to forget why i began playing music in the first place. I think the reason I wanted to play was to interact with the divine, to connect with something greater than I found here in this plane. I suppose that listening to music could be such an exilerating emotional experience for me. I loved to listen to the drum solo from lovelight on live dead in my room in between the speakers and immerse myself in the sound of the interaction and creation. i think cream, the dead, and hendrix really represented to me the idea of creating something greater than the whole with a group of like minded musicians, and the power of that is something i really felt a kinship to.
I wonder if going to music school, and choosing this route really changed my view on music or if it fucked me up.... i don't know. I think it is really time that i make a huge effort to try to return to that place. Be less critical of myself, and try to create vehicles for that kind of music, music that i can grow in a spiritual way with. I guess i need to begin to surround myself with those type of people as well.
I wonder if going to music school, and choosing this route really changed my view on music or if it fucked me up.... i don't know. I think it is really time that i make a huge effort to try to return to that place. Be less critical of myself, and try to create vehicles for that kind of music, music that i can grow in a spiritual way with. I guess i need to begin to surround myself with those type of people as well.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home