#3
Saturday..... ended up having 3 gigs this weekend when I thought I was only going to have one. Good. I need them. Money has been tight this month, and I think I am going to need to get a serious day job next semester. I cant get anything right now because I am going to cali next month for about 14 days.
Just thinking about how glad i am that my grandpa talked me into learning how to touch type. i think it has been a major asset, even though i dont type very fast. maybe I will get faster from typing these posts.
I wrote a song for my post yesterday, and I think it is probably the best song ive written with lyrics. ive always been sort of scared of writing lyrics.... i guess im afraid that people would think they are stupid. now that i am old, i dont really care. i should try to write a song a week. it would probably do me good. i think it would be so cool to have a set of acoustic music that I could play solo on guitar. go back to the roots, yo!
overall it's been a really depressing week.... didnt make it into the gym, barely touched my bass. i really have to get it fixed. it is just not fun to play right now.
i think i need to set some goals for myself to focus my efforts here. maybe I should make a point to go to every jam session i can, or to begin to write some more music, jazz or rock.. i dont care. i really would like to put more energy into functus. when i listen to our stuff, i realize just how powerful that music is. i should write some music for functus!.... we need to record a cd. soon.
what other goals should i set? i am in a real grey area musically. i am really dissatisfied with playing jazz. i dont know why. i just am not feeling it. maybe i could really start to focus my efforts on getting what i can out of school. i should maybe try to study with kermit or doug. i dont know.
Just thinking about how glad i am that my grandpa talked me into learning how to touch type. i think it has been a major asset, even though i dont type very fast. maybe I will get faster from typing these posts.
I wrote a song for my post yesterday, and I think it is probably the best song ive written with lyrics. ive always been sort of scared of writing lyrics.... i guess im afraid that people would think they are stupid. now that i am old, i dont really care. i should try to write a song a week. it would probably do me good. i think it would be so cool to have a set of acoustic music that I could play solo on guitar. go back to the roots, yo!
overall it's been a really depressing week.... didnt make it into the gym, barely touched my bass. i really have to get it fixed. it is just not fun to play right now.
i think i need to set some goals for myself to focus my efforts here. maybe I should make a point to go to every jam session i can, or to begin to write some more music, jazz or rock.. i dont care. i really would like to put more energy into functus. when i listen to our stuff, i realize just how powerful that music is. i should write some music for functus!.... we need to record a cd. soon.
what other goals should i set? i am in a real grey area musically. i am really dissatisfied with playing jazz. i dont know why. i just am not feeling it. maybe i could really start to focus my efforts on getting what i can out of school. i should maybe try to study with kermit or doug. i dont know.
<< Home